Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Planter Shmanter: I made lots of carrots!


Still curly and twisty (thanks to my rocky soil), but carrots nonetheless.


And multi colored!


Now, I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know carrots came in different colors. I'm even more embarrassed to say I didn't know that's what I had planted! When I pulled up the first couple and they were yellow and pale, I was thinking my soil didn't have enough nutrients in it. Then I pulled up one that was brownish purple and I though it was rotten. I figured it out after I pulled them all up... and Googled it.

In case you were wondering, purple carrots: SO DELICIOUS.


This was my biggest one, little cutie. I want to get my rocky soil situation remedied and see if I can get one more batch out of the summer. I want more!

1 comment:

Mrs. V said...

I am officially on the hunt for purple carrots...you are not alone, I did not know carrots came in various colors!