Thursday, January 27, 2011

Found My Animal



I was looking for a new leash and collar for Shmoops, and came across a little online store today called Found My Animal. I went in the back door, following a link to their recycled rope leads, and was pleasantly surprised to find out they were more than just a little old pet store.

Their tag line: "Accessories for adopted pets and their people."

Their mission statement: "It is FOUND MY ANIMAL's goal to help raise public awareness of the urgent need for animal adoption. Help us spread the word and encourage people to adopt animals."

They donate 25% of their profits to the Louis Animal Foundation, inspired to do so by the founder's adoption of her own dog, Walter, from that foundation. If you visit the store's gallery there is a collection of people's pet adoption stories! I particularly liked seeing the large amount of happy, adopted pitties. So many good things going on here!

So, if you're looking for some new green doggie accessories and want to throw a nice foundation a bone (har), might be worth a look-see. Myself, I think I'll be picking up this lead...
Also, they sell chocolate... :)

No comments: