Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My dog eats better than I do.



So after a couple of months of Makai being on his new diet (which is working really well for him!), I've found I'm relying more and more on the pre-mixed frozen diet that already has all the bone bits and offal and special oils and vitamins added to it. BUUUUT, it's still fun to occasionally play chef when I have the time to do it.



How yummy does this look? Aside from the chicken gizzards, that is. This batch was made up of:

2 small apples
2 handfuls of spinach leaves
1 branch(?) of broccoli (seriously, what is that called?)
2 carrots
2 eggs (with shell)
2 handfuls of chicken hearts/gizzards
1 handful of blueberries

Just throw everything into a food processor for zee chopping, then baggie up the mixture into individual portion sizes and toss them in the freezer. I defrost it and add it to whatever hunk of chicken or turkey he's getting that day.



Mmmmmmm. Gizzard mixture.

3 comments:

Mrs. V said...

So...I'm looking at this at work and my co-worker comes over and says..."Ohhhhh, what is that...it looks SO yummy!"
Ha
Meanwhile I pick myself up after falling out of my chair laughing. But seriously, I might eat that, without the gizzards of course :P

Vicki said...

It really smelled soooo good.

Leslee said...

I suppose if you served that up to guests they would not even notice the gizzards!!! HAHAHA...

It does look yummy!

I believe they call them broccoli flowerettes!