Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ceramics Snoozefest



I'm unreasonably tired tonight so I wasn't as productive as I could have been at the studio. I did have some bisqued things waiting for me, and I wanted to at least get a little glazing done. A couple of plates, a couple of bowls, and the cracked lemon juicer from a couple of weeks ago. I predict 1 out of 5 pieces will turn out looking decent after the glaze fire (I really am not the hugest fan of our current glazes, but we'll see if there are any happy accidents).



I actually put the red plate on the wheel to do a little spin art with the lighter glaze, but I hit the pedal too hard and it went flying. Luckily I caught it as it flew off into the air. Sometimes things going awry is good though, because I'm totally happy with that result.

No comments: