Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Lovelies

This weekend was gorgeous. I spent a few hours vegging out at Gasworks Park, reading tabloid glossies and eating beef jerky. I also spent a lot of time walking around the hood with Makai. Here are some of the prettier sights from the beautiful weekend...


Taken without lifting my arm from its vegging location.


Kite fliers at the top of the hill!




Old dog on an old log. I asked him to hop up there, but he did the regal dog pose all by himself. I think he smelled hot dogs.




Does anyone know what kind of tree/shrub this is? The flowers were packed in super close together and only on the top side of the branches. Looked like frosting!




This is part of a massive make believe tree in the forest behind my building. I say make believe because the sucker is seriously out of a fairytale book. So huge and so pretty, just sitting in the middle of some lame trees and berry bushes waiting to turn frogs into princes and shit.

4 comments:

Leslee said...

I see the needle!!! So feel like I was there with you, since I know where you were! Looks like it was an awesome weather week-end! Bubba was houseitting on Mercer Island and loved laying on the beach...

just us said...

We used to live in Washington when my oldest daughter was little. Your pics make me totally miss it!!!

Vicki said...

My plan is working! I want everyone to want to move up here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey seeeeeeestor - the plant with white flowers is a viburnum. I think it's the doublefile variety.